Never content to rest on its laurels and achievements, Vancouver Airport Authority has big plans for YVR in 2015.
One of these is the development of a luxury designer outlet centre on YVR land in partnership with London-based developer McArthurGlen Group, Europe’s leading owner, developer and manager of designer outlets.
The McArthur Glen Designer Outlet Vancouver Airport will feature European and North American luxury, designer and lifestyle brands.
Phase One is scheduled to open with 100 stores this spring.
Highlights of the outlet
• Increase the region’s destination appeal for visitors and travellers
• Creation of an estimated 1,000 jobs
• Options for shoppers to help keep local dollars within the community
• Public and entertainment spaces
• Environmental compatibility with the local area and installation of foot and cycling paths that fit into existing regional trail networks.
Another ongoing project at YVR is the A-B Connector. With the first phase of this exciting capital project now complete, the A-B Connector is taking shape.
Another important milestone will be reached this month with the completion of Phase Two.
The gate areas will have ample charging stations, comfortable seating and plenty of leg room. Overhead walkways will help shorten connection processes.
New vendors will include Plaza Premium Lounge, ICE Currency, Flight Stop (newsstand), Marshall Rousso (women’s clothing), Tumi (luggage and travel accessories), Lick (candy), Vino Volo, Green Bean Café, Carl’s Jr. and Famous Famiglia (pizza).