Starting October 29, 2017, WestJet will launch a seasonal weekly service between YVR and Bahías de Huatulco International Airport (HUX), Mexico.This new route will also include increased service from YVR to Calgary, Edmonton and Fort McMurray, Alberta; Fort St. John, B.C.; Cabo San Lucas, Cancun and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
The YVR-HUX route will be operated on a 737-800 aircraft with seat capacity for 168 passengers. This aircraft also offers a Plus cabin with premium seats for 12. Onboard, guests can enjoy WestJet Connect, the airline’s new inflight entertainment and wireless connectivity system.
The seasonal YVR-HUX service will run from October 29, 2017 to April 22, 2018.
WestJet is increasing service on the following routes:
- Vancouver-Fort McMurray, from five- to six-times weekly
- Vancouver-Edmonton, from 60- to 63-times weekly (nine times each business day)
- Vancouver-Calgary, from 100- to 105-times weekly (15 times each business day)
- Vancouver-Fort St. John, from seven- to 12-times weekly
- Vancouver-Puerto Vallarta, from seven- to eight-times weekly
- Vancouver-Cancun, from six- to seven-times weekly
The additional flights deliver optimized service for both the business and leisure traveller and give Canadians greater connectivity into and out of the WestJet hub in Vancouver, providing more flight frequency between key routes, as well as better scheduling and greater access from smaller airports into the wider WestJet network.
Vancouver was among WestJet’s five original destinations when it launched service in February 1996. Since then, WestJet has grown to offer 36 non-stop routes with more than 70 daily flights operating out of YVR.
For further details on any of these new services and to book, please visit westjet.com.