YVR has launched an operational program and health and safety campaign—YVR TAKEcare—that is designed to help people move through the airport safely and with confidence.
To help combat COVID-19, YVR TAKEcare places industry-leading health, safety and cleaning practices and protocols at the forefront of airport processes and includes collaboration with the airport’s many partners.
As part of the program, YVR is streamlining airport processes to ensure a seamless, touchless and physically distanced travel experience by investing in new technologies and reconfiguring airport infrastructure.
YVR is expanding on existing measures as well as implementing new ones.
Current TAKEcare measures include:
- Asking that face coverings be worn at all times while in the public areas of the terminal
- Requesting that only travellers with a valid ticket and employees who work at YVR enter the terminal building, with exceptions made for those requiring extra assistance
- Increasing cleaning across all high-touch areas
- Providing additional hand sanitizer throughout the airport
- Installing plexiglass at counters to provide guests and employees with an additional layer of prevention
- Placing TAKEcare team members at key locations throughout the terminal to provide assistance and answer any questions
- Displaying clear in-terminal signage throughout the passenger journey that encourages physical distancing whenever possible
- Facilitating temperature screening at the entrance of security screening for some travellers. This process will become standardized in the coming days for all passengers, as announced recently by Transport Canada
YVR TAKEcare will be an essential component of the airport’s recovery from COVID-19.
The program will continue to evolve following any additional guidance and directives from government, health authorities and industry experts.
YVR continues to work closely with its partners to inform a national and global standard, further instilling confidence among the public.
For more information, visit yvr.ca/TAKEcare.