Last month, SkyTeam, the global airline alliance, officially opened its latest branded lounge at YVR. This marks SkyTeam’s first lounge in the Americas and seventh worldwide. The new lounge is designed to offer SkyTeam customers a high-end, pre-flight experience and features a wide range of amenities, including locally sourced food and beverages.
The 528 square-metre lounge is comprised of two separate wings and floor-to-ceiling windows with panoramic views of the runway and mountains in the distance.
The lounge is managed on behalf of SkyTeam by Global Lounge Network and is situated close to luxury retail outlets by Gate 53 in the all-new duty-free area in the International Terminal.
SkyTeam’s Vancouver lounge is available to Elite Plus, First and Business Class customers. Highlights of its services include:
- Buffet that provides a taste of what Vancouver has to offer, including hot and cold meals created using fresh local produce and West Coast smoked salmon
- Noodle bar for made-to-order meals cooked by an in-house chef
- Wide range of beverages, including beers from local microbreweries and a selection of wines from local vineyards
- Seating for 126 guests across two wings where customers may work in a dedicated business area or watch the latest news in a separate TV room
- Showers with all the amenities needed to freshen up pre-flight
The new lounge in Vancouver is SkyTeam’s seventh branded lounge, with others located in major hubs around the world including Dubai, London Heathrow, Hong Kong, Sydney, Istanbul and Beijing.
SkyTeam member airlines serving YVR are Aeroméxico, Air France, China Airlines, China Eastern, China Southern, Delta Air Lines, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Korean Air and Xiamen Airlines. All told, these airlines provide up to 75 weekly departures that will have access to the lounge.